What is “personal information”?
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What information do we collect?
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include:
- your membership details including your name, address, telephone number, email address, gender and profile picture;
- your source IP address;
- your domain or top level domain name;
- the date and time of your visit;
- courses you undertake and your response;
- products purchased through our website;
- links accessed by you; and
- content you voluntarily upload.
How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information from you as above whenever you input such information into the website.
Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the website.
- We customarily disclose personal information (such as your account and membership details) only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Generally, we are not able to access personal information you enter into your courses purchased under your account. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct course, resources and marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from use. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
Data storage and security
All personal information held by MindFit Lab Pty Ltd is stored on secure severs. No personal information is stored in hard copy form.
MindFit Lab Pty Ltd strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information, and will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. MindFit Lab Pty Ltd reviews and updates (where necessary) its security measures in light of current technologies.
Online Transfer of Information
While MindFit Lab Pty Ltd does all it can to protect the privacy of your personal information, no data transfer via the internet is 100% secure. When you share your personal information with MindFit Lab Pty Ltd, via an online process, you do so at your own risk.
There are ways that you can help maintain the privacy of your personal information, including:
- Always closing your internet browser when you have finished your session;
- Always ensuring that others cannot access your personal information and information if you use a public computer or shared device;
- Never disclosing your username and password to other people; and
- Having a passcode required to access your personal device (e.g., laptop, smartphone) and never share this passcode with anybody.
Links to other sites
MindFit Lab Pty Ltd may provide links to third party websites. These linked sites may not be under our control and MindFit Lab Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by those websites. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we recommend that you carefully read the Terms and Conditions of use and Privacy Statement of the relevant website.
Access and correction
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access or correct your personal information, please contact us as set out below. If you make such a request, we will ask you to verify your identity from the information you have provided to our website and specify the information or changes to your personal information you require.
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by our privacy officer
and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. The fact that you may be located in Europe does not, however, on its own entitle you to protection under the GDPR. Our website does not specifically target customers located in the European Union and we do not monitor the behavior of individuals in the European Union, and accordingly the GDPR does not apply.
- In some circumstances, the GDPR provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. Where this is the case, there may be additional rights and remedies available to you under the GDPR if your personal information is handled in a manner inconsistent with that law.
How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us on email@example.com